How to choose your perfume?
Perfume, whether perfume or eau de toilette, is the greatest invention of mankind. What can repel or arouse desire, delight or shock, make a ride in an Elevator a torture chamber or a small Paradise? Of course, successfully or unsuccessfully selected perfume.
Of course, we can not ignore the influence of smell on our consciousness. No matter how attractive and smart a person is, if they smell bad or bad, they are guaranteed to be alone. Plus, the smell, as well as the taste, tends to stay in our memory for a long time. We often remember not the people around us, but the perfume they use.
Choosing your perfume correctly is not as easy as it seems. It is necessary to take into account the fact that when we spray from the bottle on the tester — it is not the same. A piece of paper in a perfume store is a faceless dead object that does not have complex chemical processes. So how can I not make a mistake with my choice?
1. Before buying a perfume, determine which scent is right for you. Someone is crazy about Jasmine and violets, someone prefers orange, and someone can not live without the ocean breeze. There is a huge number of perfumes for every taste: floral, fruit, citrus, woody, Oriental, fresh, fougere. Think about what kind of fragrance will characterize you.
2. Visit a perfume store and torment the consultant properly. The specialist will offer you several perfumes to choose from, depending on your preferences. Do not hesitate, the work of consultants is to satisfy the desires of the buyer, that is, you!
3. Take a piece of paper and spray it with perfume from a bottle. Wait a couple of seconds, then hold it up to your nose. Don’t choose more than three scents at a time — you’ll just get confused!
4. When you decide on a perfume that you like, it’s time to try it on your skin! Apply the fragrance to your wrist, wait for 1-2 minutes, and you will feel the top note of the perfume, which will be felt for 10 minutes.
5. After that, take a walk somewhere for half an hour. Hold your wrist up to your nose and you will feel a much richer aroma. This is the so-called heart note. Think about whether it irritates you.
6. The final note or plume will only appear in a couple of hours. Analyze whether you are in harmony with this smell, whether you are happy. If so, the smell “sat” on you perfectly, and you can happily return for a purchase.
In General, you also need to” wear ” the fragrance wisely. Coco Chanel wittily remarked that it is necessary to apply perfume exactly where you most expect a hot kiss. It has been proven that warm, pulsating areas of the body, such as the neck, chest and wrists, perfectly perceive perfume or eau de toilette. It is better to apply perfume in a small amount to the temples and wrists, and spray toilet water from the bottle and quickly get under the shower of these drops. Hair will also immediately “make friends” with the perfume composition.
Be extremely attentive to the opinion of others, do not use heavy Oriental perfumes in the office during the day, otherwise you risk being out of work soon.
As for fabrics, wool, velvet and corduroy retain the smell of perfume perfectly, in contrast to synthetics and silk (in addition, silk products from perfume can remain stains).
The best place to store perfume is a wardrobe. Scents will simply die from fluctuations in temperature and sunlight, and in the dark and cool bottles can stand quietly for up to five years.
So, isn’t it time to go in search of your fragrance?